While it is too early to be sure, I have a client who just may hit 300 nights booked in 2012. He purchased our Gatlinburg foreclosure listing just last year and immediately wisely spent a considerable amount of money to update the tired and neglected property. He did this by installing a new attractive metal roof, re-staining the exterior, improving the interior, and adding quality furniture. The result is a VERY attractive honeymoon cabin with a grand total investment of well less than $150,000 and almost unheard of rental income. Because the second half of the year is always the better portion for Smoky Mountain vacation rental property rentals, the final numbers could be remarkable indeed.
The key components of this remarkable success story are as follows:
- A great location very convenient to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.
- A very rentable honeymoon cabin floor plan/layout.
- A cabin that now has excellent curb appeal due to the professional remodeling.
- A cabin that now has an inviting interior due to the expert decorating.
- A well-managed rental company that has a very strong internet presence.